Microbiological quality and bioactivity characterization of raw materials and formulations
Labfit possesses a microbe library of the ATCC© collection of microorganism strains and isolates of clinical specimens with different susceptibility antibiotic profiles, allowing its use to ascertain the bioactivity of the compounds or our customer’s formulations.
Microbiological quality: ISO rules and European Pharmacopoeia
- Counting fungi-yeasts.
- Determination of total aerobes.
- Search for specific pathogens: E. coli, S. aureus, P. aeruginosa, C. albicans, Salmonella, Gram negative bacilli, total coliforms, Enterobacteriaceae
- Search for non-specific pathogens and identification by biochemical tests and PCR
- Sterility test.
- Antimicrobian activity.
- Anti-biofilm activity.
- Molecular biology (microbiome studies, analyze microbiota data, studies with biostatistics).
Challenge test- Preservative challenge test (ISO and European Pharmacopoeia standards)
Bioburden – Estimation of the microbial population in the product (ISO 11737-1)
Characterization of probiotics
- Research and characterization of mechanisms of action.
- Potency assessment (metabolic activity).
- Antibiotic sensitivity profile.
- LactoProbiotest – viability assessment of probiotic strains in vitro and ex vivo.
- Study and adaptation of prebiotic mixtures for product development.
- Characterization and development of the final formulation.
- Molecular identification (based on the complete sequencing of the 16S rRNA gene and / or genome).
- Molecular typing of bacterial strains using RAPD (Random amplification of polymorphic DNA), PFGE (Pulsed-field Gel Electrophoresis) and MLST (Multi-Locus Sequence Typing) techniques.
- Comparative genomics of bacterial strains.
- Identification of probiotic mechanisms (ability to adhere, aggregate, self-aggregate, lactic acid production, hydrogen peroxide, bacteriocins, others).
- Analysis of the behavior of strains in simulants of biological fluids.
- Identification, isolation and characterization of bacteriocins produced by lactic acid and / or other bacteria.
- Complete sequencing of bacterial genomes (Whole genome sequencing - WGS).
- Metagenomic analysis of biological samples.